The Hague, the Netherlands, June 30, 2015 - Brazilian duo Fernanda Alves and Taiana Lima will look to will hope to strike it lucky when they meet Agudo/Pazo of Venezuela for the first time.
Fernanda Alves / Taiana Lima (BRA), 1st Place Pool I, The Hague
• Fernanda Alves and Taiana Lima have been playing together since 2014. They are playing in their 11th FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour tournament together.
• Fernanda has played in 3 FIVB World Tour final fours with one gold medal, one bronze medal and one 4th place finish.
• Taiana has played in 15 FIVB World Tour final fours with six gold, three silver, three bronze medals and three 4th place finishes.
• Fernanda and Taiana have played in 1 Final Four in 2015 (Bronze St. Petersburg Grand Slam).
• Fernanda and Taiana are currently ranked 29th in FIVB World Tour points in 2015 with 1280 points and 15th in winnings with $46,000.
• Fernanda ($95,225) ranks 159th and Taiana ($333,150) ranks 42nd in all-time FIVB World Tour individual earnings.
• Taiana won the gold medal at the U21 World Championships with Juliana Felisberta in 2002 (Catania, Italy).
• Taiana won the gold medal at the U21 World Championships with Carolina Salgado in 2004 (Porto Santo, Portugal).
• Taiana was named the FIVB World Tour Most Improved Player in 2010, Sportsperson in 2013, and was Team of the Year and Tour Champion with Talita Antunes in 2013.
Norisbeth Agudo / Olaya Pazo (VEN), 2nd Place Pool D, Rotterdam
• Norisbeth Agudo and Olaya Pazo have been playing together since 2014. They are playing in their 11th FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour tournament together.
• Norisbeth and Olaya are currently ranked 31st in FIVB World Tour points in 2015 with 1,140 points and 39th in winnings with $9,800.
• Norisbeth and Olaya are the first women’s team from Venezuela in an FIVB World Championship.
First Meeting Between the Two Teams