There are two Drawing of Lots for the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships The Netherlands 2015.
The first was conducted to determine the pool composition for the tournament while the second will be conducted after the pool phase.
DRAWING OF LOTS TO DETERMINE POOL COMPOSITION
The Drawing of Lots for the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships The Netherlands 2015 was held at the Mauritshuis Art Museum on March 30, 2015.
A total of 48 teams per gender were drawn across 12 pools for the first round.
Teams were seeded by the sum of their athlete seeding points on the day before the Drawing of Lots (March 29, 2015). They also discovered which of the four host cities they will play their opening matches in, with pool play and the quarterfinals spread across the Netherlands.
- The top 12 seeded teams were placed in the 12 pools in accordance to their respective seeding points. As the first host country team was within the first 12 entry positions, they were granted seeding No 1.
The second and third host country team entered through the national federation ranking were placed as per their natural seeding.
The remaining host country teams were placed one team per the three pools hosted in each of the four cities.
- All wild cards were placed by their natural seeding with the exception of the second wild card for the men’s host country, which was drawn into the Pools playing in The Hague (fixed position in Pool I). The other wild cards from the host country were not placed in the same group as another host country team.
Four draws were conducted as follows:
- Draw 1: From seeding 13 to seeding 18, in accordance with seeding points, to pools G-L
- Draw 2: From seeding 19 to seeding 24, in accordance with seeding points, to pools A-F
- Draw 3: From seeding 25 to seeding 36, in accordance with seeding points, to pools A-L
- Draw 4: From seeding 37 to seeding 48, in accordance with seeding points, to pools A-L
to read the full Press Release on the Drawing of Lots.
Drawing of Lots Press kit
Drawing of Lots Gallery
Drawing of Lots for seeding of the 32 teams in the single elimination phase
The Drawing of Lots to determine the seeding of the thirty-two teams in the single elimination phase (following the completion of the last match of pool play of each gender) will be conducted in The Hague on June 30, 2015.
Drawing of Lots to establish the seeding of the single elimination phase 32 teams follows this