Amsterdam, the Netherlands, July 1, 2015 – German duo Alexander Walkenhorst and Stefan Windschief will face pool topping US duo Nick Lucena and Theodore Brunner in the first knockout round of the Netherlands 2015, FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships.
Theo Brunner / Nick Lucena (USA), 1st Place Pool J, Amsterdam
• Theo Brunner and Nick Lucena have been playing together since 2014. They are playing in their 7th FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour tournament together.
• Theo has played in 3 FIVB World Tour final fours with two bronze medals and one 4th place finish.
• Nick has played in 9 FIVB World Tour final fours with four silver medals, three bronze medals and two 4th place finishes.
• Theo and Nick have played in 1 Final Four in 2015 (Bronze St. Petersburg Grand Slam).
• Theo and Nick are currently ranked 16th in FIVB World Tour points in 2015 with 1,900 points and 12th in winnings with $57,375.
• Theo ($68,662) ranks 206th and Nick ($287,000) ranks 60th in all-time FIVB World Tour individual earnings.
• Theo and Nick won the gold medal at the Norceca Beach Volleyball Circuit San Diego in 2013 (San Diego, United States).
• Theo won gold medals at the Norceca Beach Volleyball Circuit Cayman Islands in 2014 (Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands) and Varadero in 2014 (Varadero, Cuba), both with Todd Rogers.
Alexander Walkenhorst and Stefan Windscheif (GER), 2nd Place Pool L, Rotterdam
• Alexander Walkenhorst and Stefan Windscheif have been playing together since 2014. They are playing in their 13th FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour tournament together.
• Alexander has played in 2 FIVB World Tour final fours with one silver medal and one 4th place finish.
• Stefan has played in 2 FIVB World Tour final fours with one bronze medal and one 4th place finish.
• Alexander’s and Stefan’s last Final Four was a 4th Place Finish at Long Beach in July, 2014.
• Alexander and Stefan are currently ranked 17th in FIVB World Tour points in 2015 with 1,840 points and 16th in winnings with $53,000.
• Alexander ($96,200) ranks 162nd and Stefan ($203,325) ranks 86th in all-time FIVB World Tour individual earnings.
• Alexander won gold medals at the 2012 CEV Beach Volleyball Novi Sad Masters in 2011 (Niechorze, Poland) and 2012 (Novi Sad, Serbia), both with Thomas Kaczmarek.
• Stefan won the bronze medal at the U21 World Championships with Jonathan Erdmann in 2007 (Modena, Italy).
• First Meeting Between the Two Teams