The Hague, The Netherlands, July 2, 2015 - Top-seeded Reinder Nummerdor and Christiaan Varenhorst, the last Dutch and European team remaining in the men's FIVB "senior" Beach Volleyball World Championships, meet ninth-seeded Tri Bourne and John Hyden of the United States in the last quarter-final match here Thursday evening to set the field for Saturday's "final four" matches on the sand at The Hofvijver stadium court.
Reinder Nummerdor / Christiaan Varenhorst (NED), 1st Place Pool A, The Hague
• Reinder Nummerdor and Christiaan Varenhorst have been playing together since 2014. They are playing in their 8th FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour tournament together.
• Reinder has played in 25 FIVB World Tour final fours with 11 gold, six silver, two bronze medals and six 4th place finishes.
• Christiaan has played in 6 FIVB World Tour final fours with two gold, one silver, one bronze medal and two 4th place finishes.
• Reinder and Christiaan have played in 2 Final Fours in 2015 (4th Porec Major Series, Silver St. Petersburg Grand Slam).
• Reinder finished 5th in the Olympic Games in 2008 (Beijing) 5th, and 4th in 2012 (London), both with Richard Schuil.
• Reinder and Christiaan are currently ranked 3rd in FIVB World Tour points in 2015 with 2,600 points and 3rd in winnings with $104,000.
• Reinder (11) ranks 13th in all-time FIVB World Tour individual gold medals.
• Reinder ($544,125) ranks 25th and Christiaan ($199,700) ranks 92nd in all-time FIVB World Tour individual earnings.
• Reinder and Christiaan won the gold medal at the 2014 CEV Beach Volleyball European Baku Masters in 2014 (Baku, Azerbaijan).
• Reinder won gold medals at the European Championship Final with Richard Schuil in 2008 (Hamburg, Germany), 2009 (Sochi, Russia), and 2010 (Berlin, Germany).
• Reinder is tied with Schuil and Switzerland’s Martin Laciga with the most CEV gold medals with 9.
• Christiaan won the silver medal at the U21 World Championships with Alexander Brouwer in 2008 (Brighton, England).
• Reinder was named the FIVB World Tour Best Defensive Player in 2009 and 2011.
• Christiaan was named the FIVB World Tour Top Rookie in 2012.
Tri Bourne / John Hyden (USA), 1st Place Pool I, The Hague
• Tri Bourne and John Hyden have been playing together since 2014. They are playing in their 16th FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour tournament together.
• John is the oldest player in the FIVB World Championships at 42 years, 8 months, and 24 days. He is also the oldest player to win at FIVB World Tour event at 41 years, 8 months, 15 days.
• Tri has played in 1 FIVB World Tour final fours with one gold medal.
• John has played in 1 FIVB World Tour final fours with one gold medal.
• Tri’s and John’s last Final Four was a Gold at Berlin in June, 2014.
• Tri and John are currently ranked 19th in FIVB World Tour points in 2015 with 1,800 points and 14th in winnings with $54,000.
• Tri and John won silver medals at the Norceca Beach Volleyball Circuit Costa Rica in 2013 (San Jose, Costa Rica) and San Diego in 2013 (San Diego, United States).
• Tri won the silver medal at the Norceca Beach Volleyball Circuit San Diego with Will Montgomery in 2012 (Chula Vista, United States).
• Tri was named the FIVB World Tour Top Rookie in 2014.
Nummerdor/Varenhorst lead the Head to Head 3-0
• St. Petersburg Grand Slam, 06/18/2015, Pool C , Nummerdor/Varenhorst won 2-0 (21-18, 21-18) (0:47)
• Porec Major Series, 06/06/2015, Winner 2, Nummerdor/Varenhorst won 2-1 (18-21, 21-19, 15-11) (0:51)
• Stare Jablonki Grand Slam, 08/21/2014, Pool F , Nummerdor/Varenhorst won 2-0 (21-13, 21-19) (0:32)